sheep lover from an early age!

sheep lover from an early age!
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A pot roast healing

I decided the other day to have it out with this pot roast thing. I still didn't get it. What the heck is a pot roast? Having not grown up with them, their mystique has eluded this little aussie through her many years of state-side-um. Well, I decided to just go for it! I was going to have a pot roast healing or ....well ....eat old leftovers!

I dusted off the slow cooker that lives on top of the fridge... and ...well just so you know, I'm not a reskipee person, which is why I call them reskipees... I skip around recipes. Basically, here's what I threw in the pot:

a 2lb grassfed chuck roast
2 big oak hill farms carrots
2 ribs of celery
1 whole star anise (just for fun)
1 lonely bay leaf
a hunk of organic ginger nob
sprigs of fresh parsley and flowering thyme from the garden
celtic sea salt & tons of black pepper
1 cup of cab sav (cheap stuff)
2 cups of my jaggy baby's chook broth (see my reskipee)

I cooked it on high for 3 hours, then low for several more. The first tasting was okay. The meat was very soft. Two and three days later, this dish became heaven in my mouth. Every bite felt like pure soul food and my body was calmly gloating as the meat melted in my mouth. The little hint of my naughtiness disguised as star anise was a bright surprise. Now I want you to have fun making your own version of a pot roast healing but, if you're not like me and want a real recipe, go to the nourishedkitchen.com or cheeseslave.com. Those nice sheilahs' will do you right, I'm sure. They have all kinds of proper reskipees. And please don't be mad, but I think I mighta added a tiny bit of tomato sauce as well... sorry, I just can't remember! Please use your best judgement, responsibly...

No comments:

Post a Comment